|Home learning w/c 20.7.20|
This week's home learning is based on my favourite story 'The Gruffalo'
1. Enjoy watching the animated version of 'The Gruffalo' https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pk64x/the-gruffalo
2. Have a go at some of the activities on the Gruffalo website https://www.gruffalo.com/in-the-woods/?ReturnUrl=/
You can colour pictures, make your own monster, and play hide and seek in the deep dark wood.
3. Have a go at making your own paper mouse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr5Wg9m9EBo
4. Perhaps you could help your grown-up make apple crumble (but pretend that it is Gruffalo crumble!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otT_Xa0boVU
5. Try the second part of the Mr. Crocodile game. Get your listening ears ready again, and have a go at blending the sounds.
6. Now that you have met NumberBlocks 1 to 10, try playing the NumberBlocks patterns game, and see if you can put the NumberBlocks in the right order. https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/puzzles/numberblocks-easy-patterns-quiz
Hope you have enjoyed the home learning activities this term. Have a lovely summer break!
Welcome to Panda class! We have two groups of children in Panda class - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We are really looking forward to meeting our new friends in September.
In Panda class we learn through play, both indoors in our lovely new Nursery, and outside in our amazing outdoor environment. As we play we make new friends, learn to take turns and share, listen to instructions, talk about our experiences, explore new things, have a go at new challenges, and most of all, we have fun!
Our focus this term is 'All about me'
In Panda class we focus on 10 special books throughout the year. They are called our Key Texts. In the Autumn term we focus on one of them, which is the story of Elmer, a very special and unique patchwork elephant.
We will introduce the children to 'Squiggle while you wiggle', which is a programme of movement and exercise that promotes writing skills.
Everyday we sing Nursery Rhymes, with lots of fun actions. These are brilliant at helping children to look and listen, developing their speech and language, and preparing them for reading.
We always have lots of opportunities for children to look at books and to have a go at mark-making throughout the Nursery session.
Maths is part of our daily routine in Panda class. We use every opportunity to count and look for familiar numbers. We always count the number of children and look at the number on the calendar. We also have an interactive counting song to join in with too! Our maths area gives the children to opportunity to explore number and shapes, through a variety of activities and puzzles.
Understanding the World
This term our theme is 'All about me', so we will be learning about what makes us unique and special, and so amazing. As the children settle into Panda class, we will encourage them to talk about themselves, the things they like and don't like, and about their families. Maybe, they would like to bring a photo to show us.
The 'Jigsaw' theme (our focus for Personal, Social and Emotional development) is ‘Being me in my world’, which links in with our theme 'All about me'.